The Standard of Excellence Comprehensive Band Method Books 1 and 2 combine a strong performance-centered approach with music theory, music history, ear training, listening, composition, improvisation, and interdisciplinary and multicultural studies. The result is the most complete band method available anywhere.
- Full color drawings and color-coding of important text and music to motivate and inform students
- "For... Only" exercises offer idiomatic solutions to the unique challenges of each instrument
- "Excellerators" (advanced supplemental exercises) reinforce and enrich performance basics
- Music from over 20 countries, with correlated enrichments, encourages multicultural study
- Achievement Lines and "Go for Excellence!" test lines ensure objective student assessment
- 600-plus page full Conductor Scores contain objectives for every line of music, director tips, extended reference articles, duplicable worksheets and quizzes, and theory, listening, composing, improvisation, geography, foreign language, history and other interdisciplinary "Activities for Excellence"
Included: Bass Clarinet Book